RavenTech, LLC. has a new research and development group -
LSDG. All systems in LSDG will run the Linux operating system and
will access resources, as well as share resources, with HACKD,
LLC.’s Microsoft Active Directory domain. The domain consists of
several Windows Server 2012 R2 servers running various services
(Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, web services, printing and
HACKD, LLC. also has around 500 client operating system desktops/laptops that run Windows 7 and Windows XP. There is a mix of desktop and laptop systems.
Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows 7: Processor:
Intel Core i3 Second Generation
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard Drive: 350GB
Network Card: 10/100/1000 Mbps
USB Ports: 4 USB 2.0
Monitor: 20inch LCD
Current Desktop/Laptop Configuration for Windows XP:
Processor: Intel Core 2
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Drive: 80GB
Network Card: 10/100 Mbps
USB Ports: 4 USB 2.0
Monitor: 15inch LCD
Your boss wants you to come up with a proposal to replace all Windows XP systems with Linux. You will implement the Linux of your choosing but with ample explanation.
The final submission should contain at least 5 to 7 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations that may be used), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 7 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. It must be doublespaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required.
You must address the following in your proposal and may make any assumptions which are not specified:
• Research and justify whether LSDG will use existing computer hardware that is being used with the Windows XP systems, or if new hardware will be required.
• Plan for migration from Windows XP to Linux.
• Determine the hardware to be used and the installation options.
• How will users log onto the systems? Explain.
• How will systems receive IP addresses? Explain.
• How will DNS be accessed by the LSDG systems? Explain.
• Explain how files on the network may be accessed by LSDG.
• Explain how LSDG can securely share files within their group and other selected groups/users in the company.
• How will printing be handled? Explain.
• What are the manpower estimates to complete this project? Explain.
• What, if any, data will be encrypted? Explain
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.