Assignment 2: The Wild Frontier, Part 2
Due Week 6 and worth 70 points
Imagine you are the leader of the IT team at the national headquarters for a company supplying western wear to an international market. The owner, Sam Yosemite, tells your IT team to provide support to four (4) new satellite offices but his instructions are vague and incoherent. You only know that the employees in the new offices (numbering about 20 staff for each) will have to be self-sufficient and mirror nearly all the applications used at headquarters, but on minimal budgets. The satellite offices will be in operation for a combined total of 24 hours each day. Each office will operate based on its own set of local business hours, which do not overlap among other satellite offices. Your IT staff is solely responsible for providing support to the satellite offices. Your boss needs to keep the satellite office costs for licensing and support low or risk cutting into the budget for the IT staff salaries.
Some of the remote staff will be managers and will require access into sensitive HR files. They must also manage the disk space used by their staff to help keep costs low. All of the staff must be able to access the company intranet for their own departments, but not other sites. Only half of the staff requires access to the Internet for business purposes.
Write a three to four (3-4) page proposal paper which covers the following:
- Analyze how using Terminal Services will help meet many of the criteria for providing applications for the remote offices.
- Propose how to deploy, configure, and secure terminal service features in order to meet the requirements specified in the scenario.
- Examine how application pools will help to reduce costs of licensing of applications.
- Propose how to best plan, deploy, and configure the application servers in alignment with the given scenario.
- Propose the best way to plan, deploy, and configure the file servers.
- Determine how to deploy and configure the intranet and Web applications
- Use Visio or a similar tool to graphically depict the physical and logical layout of your plan. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure application servers and file servers.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, configure, and secure remote desktop and terminal services
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, configure, and secure IIS services and Web applications.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in application server development.
- Write clearly and concisely about application server development using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Clickhereto view the grading rubric for this assignment.