I know this will be hard because you have not done the actual reading so do your best. This is the textbook we have been reading in. We have gotten to chapter 8.
Entrepreneurship, 8th Edition
Authors: Robert D. Hisrich, Michael P. Peters, and Dean A. Shepherd
Consider the course readings to date, life experience, and experience you have that is relevant to entrepreneurship. Assume I have assigned an undergraduate student, studying entrepreneurship, for you to mentor during his/her final semester of college. The student is contemplating starting a business right out of college or getting experience working for a company in the same industry in which he/she wants to start a business.
Write a professional letter to the student that includes the following items:
(1) Things he/she may want to consider as it relates to the pros/cons of each option.
(2) What the individual can expect (realistically) should he/she choose the path of starting his/her own business.
(3) What the individual can expect (realistically) should he/she choose the path of gaining outside experience first.
(4) Questions he/she will want to ask himself/herself and seek answers to.
(5) A personal story, from your experience, that is intended to help the student process the decision.
(6) Additional advice you believe is essential for this individual to consider before making his/her decision.
Discussion Posts: There is no length requirement to each post answer. The only requirement is that each post must fully answer/address the question or provide the information that is being requested. Each post must be written using complete sentences and proper grammar. All answers must be supported; no partial credit will be given for questions that are not completely answered. Points will be deducted for grammatical errors and incomplete sentences.