1) a set of three primary documents relating to the time-period covered in Unit 1. Using all three of the documents provided in the set, write an essay based on the guidelines below.
: Read all of document 1 and all of document 3. Document 2 is 20 pages long, but you only need to focus on pages 5-10, especially the highlighted portions. Here is a youtube link to actor Mark Ruffalo performing the highlighted portions of the speech in document 2:
- In document 1, how does Woodrow Wilson justify his support for American involvement in World War I?
- In document 2, how does Eugene V. Debs justify his opposition to World War I?
- What elements of the image above reflect the ideas presented in documents 1 and 2? How do you think imagery like this affected American perceptions about Germans and World War I?
- Based on the textbook and the lecture notes, as well as the documents and the image, explain why the United States ultimately intervened in World War I.
- Note: you need to answer the questions at the end of document 3.
3) : Each PSA must be more than 550 words in length. Direct quotes do not count toward the required word count.
4) : This assignment does not require any outside research and can be completed using the documents, the textbook, and the videos. In the case of these sources, only direct quotes need to be cited, requiring only the author’s last name in parentheses. Outside sources (books, websites, etc.) may also be used, but in this case all information must be cited and must be listed in a works cited (or bibliography) at the end of the essay. For your citations, please use MLA. You will submit your paper through plagiarism checking software, so be sure to cite any and all direct quotes