EUROPEAN HOSTEL SELECTION
Based on the Windows form mock-up you created in Chapter 2, complete the Hostel Location Selection program by changing the window background color, downloading and adding the images, and writing the code that will execute according to the program requirements. Before writing the code, create an event
planning document for each event in the program.The completed Windows Form object and the other objects in the user interface are shown in Figure 3-87a, Figure 3-87b, and Figure 3-87c.
Date submitted: January 17, 2013
Application title: Vacation Hostel Location Selection
Purpose: The hostel selection application will allow a user to select the location in London or Dublin.
Program From a window on the screen, the user should identify a hostel location (London or
Procedures: Dublin) and then indicate the location of the hostel.
Algorithms, 1. The user must be able to identify the London or Dublin hostel, back and forth until the Processing and selection is made.
Conditions: 2. When the user identifies the hostel location, a picture of that hostel should appear in the window.
3. Only one picture should be displayed at a time. If a user identifies the London hostel, only the London hostel picture should be displayed; if a user identifies the Dublin hostel, only the Dublin hostel picture should be displayed.
4. When the user makes a hostel selection, a message stating that the selection of a hostel
location has been made should be displayed. In addition, the user should be stopped from identifying a hostel location after the hostel selection has been made.
5. After the user makes a hostel selection, the only allowable action is to exit the window.
Notes and 1. A user cannot make a hostel selection until he or she has identified a hostel location.
Comments: 1. The pictures shown in the window can be found on scsite.com/vb2010/ch3/
images.The names of the pictures are LondonHostel and DublinHostel.
1. User clicks London hostel button or Dublin hostel button.
2. Program displays a picture of the hostel identified by the user and enables the hostel selection button.
3. User clicks hostel buttons to view hostel locations if desired.Program displays the picture of the identified hostel.
4. User clicks the Select Location button.
5. Program displays a hostel selection confirmation message, and disables both hostel buttons and the Select
Location button.The Exit Window button becomes active.
6. User terminates the program by clicking the Exit Window button
EUROPEAN HOSTEL SELECTION