Data Analysis Skills and Thinking
Submit a paper of at least four pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, that includes at least two scholarly sources (in addition to the text). Explain in detail why data analysis skills are so important to spend analysis. Describe how a structured process such as Six Sigma methodology (Chapter 4) can be useful to identify spending patterns and identify opportunities for improvement. Recommend which functional areas of the business, such as finance, should be involved in spend analysis efforts and justify the rationale for your choices.
Your paper should be formatted in APA style as outline in the Ashford Writing Center.
Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Final Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
Read the case study at the end of Chapter 12 and the case study at the end of Chapter 13, and thoroughly answer all the following questions. Supplement your answers with scholarly research using the Ashford Online Library. Each case study should be addressed in at least 5 pages, resulting in a combined Final Paper of at least 10 pages.
- Create a master production schedule for the breadmaker in the case that considers production levels, demand for the product, and the best business strategy for the situation presented.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of Jack’s approach, considering how master scheduling can improve the process, and considering the organizational changes needed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Examine the impact of refusing a customer’s order because of lack of supply of the product vs. accepting the order and failing to deliver.
- Describe the impact on average inventory levels and production if Realco produces 20,000 breadmakers every week, rather than 40,000 every other week.
Chapter 13 Case Study: Supply-Chain Challenges in Post-Earthquake Japan
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the supply chain used in the Japanese auto industry before the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
- Evaluate whether or not Toyota's plan for a "foolproof" supply chain is consistent with the Lean production philosophy.
- Provide a recommendation and plan that you believe would be the best supply chain strategy for Toyota.
- Examine the impact Toyota's plan will have on the way it handles relationship management in its supply chain.
The Final Paper Construction:
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- Must be at least 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that tells the reader what will be covered in the paper.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that tells the reader what was learned from reading the paper.
- Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from Ashford Online Library in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.