Capstone comprehensive project Step(part 3)
Part 3 – Due in Week 10 of the Term – 45 points
A. Excel Tables, Data Validation, Filtering, Sorting, Subtotals, Pivot Tables
a. Build and format an Excel table
b. Data Validation
c. Apply Conditional Formatting
d. Apply filtering and sorting to table
e. Copy sheet and apply Subtotal
f. Create a Pivot Table
1. Department & Full Tim/Part Time List – 4 points
On one sheet:
o Create a simple listing of 3 departments relative to your industry
o In a separate column, create a list for:
2. Employee Listing – 6 points
On a separate new sheet, create a listing of 20 employees including:
o Employee ID (use a actual ID, example: A012345)
o Last Name
o First Name
o Department Name
§ Use Data Validation to create a listing of departments from which to select (use the listing from the sheet created in step 1)
o Job Title
o Full-time or Part Time
§ Use Data Validation to create a listing from which to select (use the listing from the sheet created in step 1)
o Annual Salary
o NOTE: You will eventually be creating an Organization Chart for these employees.
3. Employee Listing – Filter/Sort – 9 points
CREATE A COPY OF THE EMPLOYEE LISTING SHEET (created in step 2)…ON THE NEW SHEET…
o Sort the table alphabetically by department, then by last name, then by salary highest to lowest
o Apply Data Bar Conditional Formatting to the salary
o Filter the table by the department of your choice
4. Employee Listing – Subtotals – 6 points
CREATE ANOTHER COPY OF THE EMPLOYEE LISTING SHEET FROM STEP 2…ON A NEW SHEET
o Copy the sheet and prepare it to apply Subtotals. Subtotal for the average salary by department.
o Collapse to show only level 2
5. Employee Listing – Pivot Table – 7 points
Using the EMPLOYEE LISTING sheet created in STEP 2, create a Pivot Table showing:
o the sum of the annual salaries for full-time versus part-time employees by job title
o The report should be set to filter by Department
B. Multi-Sheet Workbook, Data Consolidation, Grouping Worksheets,
Organizational Chart – 5 points
Create weekly timesheets for five employees. After four weeks, consolidate data to create a worksheet that displays average number of hours worked on a given day by each employee.
a. Create a static data consolidation
b. Group worksheets for editing & formatting
c. Insert illustrations using SmartArt, screenshots, and pictures (Organization Chart)
Multi-Sheet Workbook, Data Consolidation, Grouping Worksheets – 8 points
1. Insert worksheets so you have five additional worksheets. Name the sheets Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, and Averages.
2. Group all sheets and type the names of five of the employees from your listing of 20, previously created in Part 3A, step 2. Use a 5 or 7-day work week.
o Ensure all sheets have the same formatting.
o Each sheet should show the totals for each employee for each day, the total of all employees for each day, and the total of all hours worked by all employees.
3. Addressing each sheet separately, for each employee for each week, enter the number of hours worked. You may enter 0s for employees who didn’t work on a particular day. Include decimal places for employees who worked a fraction of an hour, such as 6.5 or 7.25.
4. On the Averages sheet, consolidate data without links. Edit labels as needed and delete any total rows and/or columns.
Organization Chart – 5 points
5. Create a new sheet on which you will create an Organizational chart for your 20 employees (previously listed).