The ACM has its own and is under revision.
There is also the Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice jointly approved by the ACM and IEEE-CS as the standard for teaching and practicing software engineering:.
For this class participation assignment, you are to
1) Study the first 4 pages of the article on ACM revisions for draft 3, read up to section II. Requested changes
2) Pick two of the changes listed in section I. Changes from Draft 2 to Draft 3 that you feel are either most important or difficult to achieve and relate them to the Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice clauses, i.e., match them to its specific clauses. There may be more then one clause matching to one of these changes.
Your write up to be submitted must include
1. Briefly explain the two changes you have selected for discussion (0.5 pt).
2. The rationale or arguments for the two changes, why is it an important change or addition.(0.5 pt).
2. The statement numbers from the joint ACM/IEEE Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice that correspond to each of the two changes you selected as important do draft 2 to draft 3 revisions (0.5 pt).