Primary Discussion Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments.
For this discussion board, you are to decide which amendment in the Bill of Rights you consider the most important today, and explain why. To support your position, discuss the following:
- The purpose of the chosen amendment;
- How this amendment impacts the average citizen today;
- Examples of current political issues relating to your chosen amendment
- Why you believe this amendment to be the most important of the 10 amendments that make up the Bill of Rights
Primary Discussion Response
Review and reflect on the knowledge you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write at least 300-500 words on the following:
- Identify the role of activism in changing the political landscape. (Reflect on the past few presidential elections). How can you be an activist to support positive change in government at all levels?
Based on all of the topics of this course has your opinion of how the government functions changed? If your opinion has changed discuss why you think that is? If it hasn't changed discuss one takeaway you will have from this course.
- As a result of this course how do you feel you, as a citizen, can become more active in the process of government? What do you foresee the political landscape looking like as you progress towards graduation?