For this Assignment, you consider the impacts of capitalism and how it is practiced or applied. Is it possible for companies to be profitable and compassionate at the same time and be successful in each? If you live outside the United States and experience or know of different economic models that you would like to discuss, compare and contrast one of those models to the prevailing models we have been reading about.
For this Assignment, you are expected to cite and reference the articles from the Day 1 Readings and to find 2–3 additional articlesto support your position. The articles you select must be from peer-reviewed resources and have been published within the past 5 years. Must be APA format (form attached ).
The Assignment (5 pages):
- Take a position regarding the practice of capitalism in the United States and compare it to what Adam Smith had in mind according to these authors.
- Based on your understanding of capitalism, explain what you would change about the practice of capitalism in the United States. Explain your position.
- If you feel no changes are necessary, explain why.
- In either case, explain the underlying principles guiding your thinking.
- Reference the Day 1 Readings articles as appropriate.
- Reference any additional articles you found in the Walden Library to support your position
Here are the articles for day 1:
George, J. M. (2013, June 10). Compassion and capitalism implications for organizational studies. Journal of Management. Advance online publication, doi: 10.1177/0149206313490028.
Gopnik, A. (2010, October 18). Market man: What did Adam Smith really believe? The New Yorker, 86(32),82–87.
Mattick, P. (2011, March 13). Capitalism’s dismal future. The Chronicle of Higher Education 57(28), B8-B10.
McNally, C. A. (2013). How emerging forms of capitalism are changing the global economic order. AsiaPacific Issues, 107, 1–8.