Choose an information technology and develop a business case for implementing the technology in your company (or a publicly traded company).
This should be written as a memo (about 4 – 5 pages) to your upper management.
Be sure to include the following:
- A brief background on the company. What does it do, company size, where does it fit in the overall industry, financial situation, etc.
- What is the generic strategy (e.g, cost leader, differentiator, focus) the company is pursuing? Note, this real strategy might be very different than the strategy statement the company puts out.
- High level overview of the technology – what is it and how does it work.
- How well does the technology proposed align with corporate strategy?
- What are the high level costs and benefits (no need for detail here, but are we talking thousands, millions, billions, etc.)?
- Based on what you have researched and written so far, make a recommendation as to whether the company should invest in the technology or not. Be sure to back up your recommendation.