For your course project, you will be operating a cookie company, making costing decisions, and performing analysis. In Module 06, you will make a presentation of your analysis.
This Week, you will prepare a mission statement; set strategic, tactical, and operating objectives; decide on a company name; set cookie specifications, and decide on a cookie recipe. Additionally, you will calculate a standard cost per cookie and decide on an accounting system.
Develop a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation which concisely presents the following information regarding your cookie company:
- Consider the company's mission. Will you focus on quality, volume, or satisfying a niche? Will you sell using a traditional brick & mortar storefront or through eCommerce? Who is your target market? What are your expansion plans? What will be your main products? Where will you operate?
- Write a mission statement for your company that reflects the decisions you made in the previous step.
- Based on your company's mission, describe the long-range goals, strategies, and objectives that your company will pursue. Will you increase sales a certain percent each year, increase the number of stores, co-brand with another product, etc.
- Decide upon a company name.
- Determine cookie specifications: size, color, key ingredients, appearance, quantity and packaging.
- Develop a recipe that fits with your mission, goals, and specifications.
- Create a job cost card for your cookie recipe and calculate cost per cookie. Assume overhead is allocated at a rate of $2 for every $1 of labor cost.
- List some of the costs you will include in overhead.
- Will you use a job order or process accounting system? Why?
- Include a diagram showing the flow of costs through your chosen system.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.pptx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: