Complete the following readings early in the module:
- Module overview
- From your course textbook, The portable MBA in finance and accounting, 4th, read the following chapters:
- Business Planning
- Business Valuation
- Profitable Growth by Acquisition
Business Strategy, Investment, and Financial Decisions
Imagine taking a trip with no prior planning. Following will be some of the major concerns:
- Where will you go?
- How will you get there?
- What will you do there?
- Where will you stay?
- How much money will you need?
Effective planning is the key to answer these questions and to have a successful trip. A start-up or an existing company faces similar concerns while managing its operations.
In this module, you will discover the components that are necessary for an effective planning process. You will also be introduced to sources of funding and the way management decides on funding a new project and evaluates the introduction of a new product or service.
In a previous module, you learned about the concept of planning. One of the primary objectives of planning is developing a strategy to reach the company's short- and long-term goals.
Financing is an essential component of the planning process. Financing decisions start with addressing questions such as how much financing will be needed to develop and introduce a new product. The answer depends on understanding the product life cycle and understanding how the product is expected to move through the cycle, depending on the industry. Once the foundation is determined, the next question is to determine what type of financing would be most appropriate.
In this module's assignments, you will demonstrate your understanding of the necessary aspects of a business plan. You will also consider and evaluate the considerations necessary to determine a business form.
Assignment: Discussion—The Business Plan
A convincing business plan will detail the strategy and the future operational plans of an entity. Business plans are an essential part of the start-up information needed for an organization.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of the necessary aspects of a professional business plan.
Respond to the following:
- Write a synopsis of your business idea and the important elements/information that should be included in a well thought out business plan.
- Discuss how the information should be organized, and who will use the information for decision-making.
In a minimum of 300 words, post your responses using critical thinking and analysis.
- By Friday December 7, 2018, post your responses to this Discussion Area. Support your assumptions by citing the source material used for this discussion in APA format.
- While responding, share any real-world experiences involving the different terms and explain what these concepts mean to you as far as their role in decision making is concerned. Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course readings, Web sites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your experiences—professional or personal.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
turned-in on time, Grading criteria followed All assignment qualifications addressed correctly, Grading Criteria followed, Include Question followed by the answer Reference Page Included Cover page Included, Paragraphs Indented, Running-head included, main heading should be centered; all new paragraphs should be indented; paper should be right ragged, not right justified; references, should always go on a standalone page. abstracts are not usually indented; acronyms should be spelled out when using them for the first time, for example HR. references as listed are APA standard. When you submit your papers through turnitin.com, your overall similarity index score should not be exceedingly high, with ten to fifteen percent being the maximum, Please make sure your APA formatting of citations. I have provided the APA resource cite for you. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01, Please work on using literature within the span of the last 5 years, keep in mind there should not be any one, two, or three sentence paragraphs Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Do the following when responding:
- Read your answers.
- Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback on their ideas. Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and organized; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Assignment: Discussion—The Business Plan Grading Criteria
Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions
Reference to supporting readings and other materials
Language and grammar