The impact of language and communication for business in IT industry..
2. Consider a context, such as place (i.e. country or organization), industry type (i.e. finance, technology), or management practice (i.e. leadership, operations, negotiations, decision making, strategy)
3. Consider a question that you think is interesting such as a “why” or “how” question that moves beyond matters of fact into an inquiry mode.
4. Provide a rationale why the research question is important to you.
5. Research and write an essay that investigates your research question, broadly. You will not be required to conduct an exhaustive study. The objective is to demonstrate ability to research, write, and think critically about an issue. This exercise is like doing a literature review, because you will not be engaging in research with live participants.
6. Provide reference list. Use appendices.
Minimum 20 references at least from peer reviewed articles in recent year (2010-2018).
Format of paper
The form of your final assignment is an individually prepared type written paper in APA format, 2 line spacing using Times New Roman 12 pt. type. The assignment will be 3000-3500 words in length (not including appendices or references) and contain discussion under the following headings:
b. Introduction including research question and rationale
c. Research findings
g. Relevant appendices
A maximum half-page summary to capture the essence of your paper.
Introduce your research question and how you propose to approach the inquiry. Is there a reason/importance why you wish to focus your paper on this topic? Outline the layout of the paper, including specifics of the context (organization, country, industry, practice, etc) that will be discussed, and any theoretical models that will be used (if applicable)
3. Research findings
Clearly outline the salient facts, issues, and relevant research relating to your research question.
Identify, describe, analyze, and consider the impacts of any cultural characteristics that might influence management practices. Tie your observations to theoretical models used in the course, if applicable. Do not introduce too many elements in your research findings (two to three ideas may suffice for the scope of this paper).
The discussion section answers the “so what” after your findings. Discuss your observations and how your findings impact the global manager and perhaps your own career interests.
Summarize the significance of your paper and its relationship to the research question. Is there further information required? What are next steps and any recommendations that you have for global managers.