The Milgrim Experiment: Obedience
1. What do you think the Milgram experiment tells us about the effects of society and culture on human nature and obedience?
2. How do you think this experiment relates to the Holocaust or another violent situation in history such as the My Lai incident during the Vietnam War, the killing of American Indians by infecting blankets with smallpox, ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, genocide in Rwanda, the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II?
3. What do you think could be done to prevent such things from happening in the future? Although two-thirds of the participants obeyed the experimenter up to the very end, one-third did not. What ideas do you have for increasing this percentage?
4. If you were the “teacher” in this experiment, how do you think you would have participated? How high along the voltage meter would you have gone? Explain your answer and reasons.
5. Do you think something similar to the Holocaust could ever happen in the U.S.? For example, would Americans obey a political leader or other authority figure that told us to kill or hurt innocent people? Or would we rebel and say no?
Paper should be 2 pages long minimum.
College-level spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Times New Roman 12 point font.
Submit as an attachment to the drop-box on the virtual college.
you must watch a movie on youtube the link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-F6Waua3Y
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.