Directions: Use the following questions to guide your analysis of the writer’s appeals to ethos and pathos. Answer the following questions for two of your sources. Then, post your answers in the assignment link.
1. What image does the writer project of himself or herself in this argument? What is the writer’s investment in the issue?
2. How does the writer convey that he or she is knowledgeable about the issue?
3. Where does the writer acknowledge alternative views? What makes you think the writer is fair in his/her summary or recognition of these views?
4. Which of the strategies for engaging the audience’s emotions and imagination does the writer use: concrete language, specific examples, narratives, and connotative and metaphoric language?
5. How are the writer’s appeals to ethos and pathos tailored to the argument’s original audience and site of publication?
6. For you, the reader, how important are the ethos of the writer and the emotional and imaginative appeals in winning your consideration of this argument?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.