devry GSCM588 all week course project ( 2,3,6&7)
GSCM588 Course Project Requirements
- 1. Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify aquality management related problem(s) in the firm. Examples may be poor quality levels, high cost of quality, poor product or service design, high levels of internal or external failures, and so on. Feel free to add to this list if you need to.
- 2. You are taking on the role as a quality management consultant and the executives of your chosen organization have asked you to submit a recommended direction to implement a quality management initiative to address the quality management related problem(s) you identified above(e.g., Six Sigma, lean principles, TQM, SPC, balanced scorecard, etc.).
- 3. You also need to identify which of the course TCOs and specific topics in the Syllabus are related to the problem you identify.
- 1. All papers must have a minimum of eight scholarly sources (other than textbook) cited within the text of the paper and identified in the References section.
- 2. Additional research sources can be attached in an appendix.
- 3. All sources must be in two place: They need to be identified in the References section and must also have a corresponding citation in the body of the paper.
- 4. To access and use EBSCOhost for your research, use this link: Paper Format
- 1. All papers should be single sided, doublespaced, and written in12-point Times New Roman font.
- 2. The paper should be between 10 and 12 pages, excludingthe cover page, reference pages, and appendices.
- 3. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address, course number, date, and instructor’s name.
- 4. Follow APA style for general format and citations.
- 5. Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text.
- 6. The language should be clear, concise, and precise.
- 7. The tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
- 8. Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
- 9. The report must be free of misspellings and typos.
Tables and Figures
- 1. All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page.
- a. Figures and tables should appear on the same page as the text that refers to them, or on the next page.
- 2. All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables.
Quotations and Citations
- 1. Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper.
- 2. Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
- 3. Papers submitted without citations and references will be returned to the student with no grade.
- 4. Refer to the APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and ideas.
WEEK ACTION REQUIRED
Week 1 Look forward in the weekly readings and lecturesand familiarize yourself with course content and then select an organization and problem area to research for ideas.
Week 2 Submit a written project proposal containing the following.
- 1. Follow the example GM588 Final Project Proposal outline provided in Doc Sharing.
Weeks3–6 Continue to work on the class project; seek instructor help as required.
Conduct library research on your topic.
- 1. Identify a minimum of eight scholarly resources for your project.
- 2. All resources for the paper should come from the DeVry library and must be of scholarly/journal quality.
- 3. Use the librarians for assistance in accessing materials.
Please note: Articles found online (consulting company websites, Internet magazines, or other blogs) will not be considered acceptable scholarly resources. Conduct your research through a library where you can be assured that the sources are of scholarly quality. For example, please do not use Wikipedia!
Week 7 Submitthe completed project to the assignment area for grading.
Please print out the Course Project Outline available in Doc Sharing and use it as a checklist while constructing your paper and again before you turn it in.
Your paper must include the following sections.
SECTION POINTS DESCRIPTION
Title Page 5 This should contain the title of your quality management research paper; your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number;the course number and title; the instructor’s name; and the date.
Introduction 10 Provide an overview of the organization and give enough information about the firm to acquaint an unfamiliar person (no matter how famous the company). Identify the company’s name, location, size, and market segment (business line), and give a brief history. Identify the essential issues, events, or actions to help frame the problem and subsequent discussion points.
Problem Statement 15 Identify and clearly state the problem (the quality management issues that you have selected to research).
The problem statement should identify the major reason(s) for the recommended direction to implement a quality management initiative.
A well-formed problem statement has the following.
- 1. Focus: The problem should be well defined and specific enough for the reader to gain a clear idea of the quality management area and the direction of your study and research.
- 2. Structure: If the problem statement is sufficiently focused, it will provide a basis for decisions about which information to include and which to exclude from the paper.
- 3. Significance: The significance section is the area where you need to answer the magic question: “So what?” The significance makes your research worth it to the reader. It is great if you can link this more to quality and productivity issues and provide numbers to support your direction.
Literature Review 30 • You must address a minimum of eight scholarly resources in this section (excluding the textbook).
- Provide an analysis and synthesis of the various authors from the research that significantly informed your analysis and proposed solutions.
- You may have found conflicting opinions or theories related to your topic area. Identify and discuss any such contrasts and/or describe in detail significant agreement among your sources.
- Your literature review should be separate and distinct from your analysis section; it is a summation of your research.
- The “best practices” of quality management that were covered in the course and that link with your direction should be cited in this section.
- Use subtitles as necessary.
- Citations are a must!
Analysis 30 Explore the problem in depth and with scholarly rigor.
Provide an identification and description of the potential root causes of the problem or issue. Be sure not to address only symptoms of your problem. Diagnose the problem and its origins as best you can.
A critical element of this section is to apply the best practices of quality management concepts and models from the textbook, class discussions, and researched sources.
Discuss the concepts, ideas, or insights that are most valuable in helping you make sense of the causes of the problem. Support your analysis with reference to appropriate research material.
Citations are a must!
30 Identify the quality management initiative and recommended direction that you have chosen. Explain its relevance and significance in how it will address the quality management issue(s) and reason(s) that you identified in the problem statement area.
Citations are a must!
Note: Please remember in this section you also need to touch on how you will be able to measure success. Think of the “lead-lag” indicator concepts from the course readings and lectures.
Reflection 10 In this section, you are to reflect on your learning from this assignment. Identify the areas that you found most interesting and also identify areas that you feel will assist you most in your career.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.