There are several constitutional provisions that play a relevant role in the environmental law area.
Review the materials in Chapter 3 of your text, and provide complete, well written, and well-reasoned responses to the following:
Write a memorandum to your supervising attorney that identifies at least four constitutional provisions that play a role in environmental law. Explain how the provisions impact environmental law and give an example of each.
Conclude your assignment by answering the following questions:
- If you were a defendant in a criminal environmental prosecution, which constitutional provisions do you believe would be most relevant to you and why?
- Preemption is an important doctrine in the environmental field. Explain the nature of preemption. Discuss whether you believe preemption remains a sound doctrine, or whether the states should have greater control in the environmental area.
- This assignment should be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- You will be assessed on the nature and scope of your research and response.
- Your response must cite any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
- You may use your text and/or Internet sources as a reference, but remember to cite all sources according to Bluebook guidelines.
Submit this assignment by following this button: