Unit I Discussion Board Question
Answer the 3 discussion question. (5W, Who, What, Where, When, and especially Why)
Part I: Introduce yourself to your classmates with your name, location, current employment, and future goals.
Part II: Watch the Servant Leadership Interview video, and summarize your personal take away(s) from it. As part of your discussion, include what you find to be the biggest obstacles facing servant leaders.
Part II: Read the article, “Why Study History? (1998)” by Peter N. Stearns on the American Historical Association’s website.
Based on what you have read in your required readings for this unit and your own opinion, why do you think studying history is important? How does the importance of its study connect to your personally AND professionally?
Part III For this DB, we are going to consider that Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking were both right and that time traveling is possible…and we HAVE figured out the quantum physics to accomplish the leaps. Hooray for us!!
Here, you are a time traveler from the year 2021 and have the ability to return to the American colonies during the 1500s or 1600s. While on your journey to the past, you document your activies and reflect upon your experiences. To help with your documentation, consider the following questions:
- What date is it?
- What region or established colony did you travel to?
- Why did you travel to this location?
- How long are you intending to stay?
- What is your purpose for the trip?
- What is your role in your new environment?
- As a time traveler, would you take any actions to change
- If so, what would you specifically do? What do you hope
to accomplish by taking these actions?
- How would these actions realistically impact the history as we know it?
- If not, why not? What do you hope to accomplish by not taking any action?
- If so, what would you specifically do? What do you hope to accomplish by taking these actions?
Remember, these are just brainstorming questions. Feel welcome to share your time travel experience beyond the scope of these foundation questions. Get creative…dive into the rabbit holes of historical experiences!!