Insurance Operations- Chapter 2 Name_____________________
Please remember that you must do your own work. Any plagiarism will result in a grade of zero for all students involved. Please use your own words even if you are using the textbook for answers. Always provide a citation when a reference is used.
1. Describe three ways in which the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) affects the regulation of insurance.
2. List the three criteria state insurance departments must meet to satisfy the NAIC’s Financial Regulation Standards and to be accredited.
3. Explain the difference between an admitted and a non-admitted insurer, and provide an example.
4. Explain why some states require claim representatives to be licensed.
5. Describe the factors that contribute to insurer insolvencies.
6. Describe the goals of insurance rate regulation.
7. Explain the purpose of the System of Electronic Rate and Form Filings (SERFF).
8. Describe the activities of state insurance departments designed specifically to support consumers.
9. Explain the purpose of financial rating organizations.
10. Explain how advisory organizations function as unofficial regulators of insurers.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.