Select THREE of the following questions and answer them as they relate to the story you selected for your research paper. Do your best to devote at least ONE paragraphs per answer. Important: Do not write on questions already answered in your research paper.
You may refer, if necessary, to your text, class notes, and handouts.
- “Different fictional worlds make different demands on the reader’s imagination. What is most important to the reader’s enjoyment of the tale is the emotional truth conveyed by the characters . . .” (p. 1088). Explain what and how emotional truth(s) are conveyed through the central character in your story.
- Setting must have a “dramatic use. It must be shown, or at least felt, to affect character or plot” (1089). Explain the dramatic use of setting in your story.
- “A good plot arouses our curiosity, engages our emotions, and keeps us in suspense.” (1086) Explain how your author achieves this in your selected story.
- “A literary symbol can be anything in a story’s setting, plot, or characterization that suggests an abstract meaning to the reader in addition to its literal significance.” (1095) Which symbols does your author use in the story you selected and to what effect does the author use them?
- Identify the point of view from which your story is narrated (First-person? Third-person omniscient? Third-person limited omniscient? Objective?). Then propose some reasons that the author may have chosen this perspective (instead of another) from which to narrate his story.
- Within the plot structure of a story the exposition performs several essential functions as does the resolution. Explain the purposes of the exposition and resolution in your story.
SECOND PART(RESEARCH PAPER):
READ THE STORY: SONNY'S BLUES AND THEN FIND FIVE OR MORE SOURCES TO INCLUDE IN THE RESEARCH PAPER.
use the following question as the thesis for the research paper.
What do we discover about James Baldwin's thematic intentions in his story,"Sonny's Blues," from a careful analysis of Sonny's actions and dialogue as well as the setting and the narrator's comments?
MLA FORMAT, 6-8 pages.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.