EVERYTHING MUST BE DONE IN APA WITH SOURCES
PLEASE USE ALL ATTACHMENTS
AND PLEASE SEPERATE EACH DOCUMENT
Choose two of the CQI methodologies (PDSA, Lean or SixSigma). How do these methodologies utilize data? Discuss the significance of the collection and analysis of data in CQI processes.
PDSA and SixSigma
Chapters are attahced.
Your initial post should be 250-300 words and utilize at least one scholarly source
Health care Providers may volunteer to be accredited by an external body. The Centers of Medicare and Medicaid provide an updated list of approved accrediting organizations. For this discussion, we are focusing on the acute care hospital.In The Joint Commission Standards Manual and accreditation process topics. You will be discussing Medication Management (MM)
There are two attachements you must use for this discussion. Souce, and Source 1
- Identify and summarize the two articles chosen. Your response should reflect the standard, how it is utilized and why it is important to health care, any best practice mentioned, summary of any forms or template shared, and any other information that surprised you.
Read Chapters 5, 6, and 7 in our textbook. After reviewing this
week’s required reading, consider the following scenario: You are
the lead of the risk management team that has been assigned to
evaluate an incident that has occurred. You will be preparing a
report for the CEO of the hospital that includes all system
failures that contributed to the adverse event as well as utilizing
a CQI tool (pareto, fishbone, flowchart). You will be using the
document to complete the three parts to the assignment.
Note: If you have responded substantively to each of the content
items within the three parts of the assignment, the paper should be
between six and seven pages.
Part One: Description of Adverse Event (Complete Part One of the Adverse Event template )
- Medication error
- The number of Discharges indicates the total number of patients who have been admitted and discharged in the hospital
- Using the data listed below for your selected adverse event only, analyze and describe what the data is telling you. Make sure to include the graph in your template document.
- Data - Patient Safety Event for XYZ Hospital for the year 20XX through 20YY
|# of Discharges||# of Surgical Cases||# of Medication Errors||# of Patient Falls||# of Post Operative Hemorrhage|
Note: The number of beds and operating rooms increased effective 1/1/20YY.
- List the advent chosen and include background such as prevalence of the incident.
- Describe the adverse event in detail. You can make-up the scenario on the event topic chosen from the list or you can research an actual story on one of the events and utilize it for this assignment.
- List who was involved in the event and their role in the event.
- List the stakeholders on your CQI team. Discuss the differences among the stakeholders that might cause issues when working as a CQI team. Include barriers to their communicating effectively as a team and the communication techniques/methods utilized to inform the organization's staff of the adverse event improvement plan.
- Describe at least two operational or safety processes that might not have been followed that contributed or caused this event to take place. For instance, describe any regulations or procedures that one of the professional organizations and/or accrediting agencies would utilize to measure compliance with the standard.
- Summarize the historical and contemporary issues and legal implications related to patient safety in your chosen adverse event.
- Describe how processes of continuous quality monitoring could impact the adverse event you chose.
Part Two: Graph & CQI Tool (Complete Part
Two of the
Adverse Event template
Graph the data
- For your selected adverse event, graph the data for the two years. Include the graph in your template document. Include an analysis of the data. Determine if the frequency is increasing or decreasing. What is the data telling you? What factors could be attributed to the change?
Choose a CQI Tool that best suits your chosen Adverse Event from the following list:
- Fishbone Diagram (Cause & Effect)
Use the CQI Tool to illustrate the use of the tool with your
chosen adverse event. You will be responsible for creating the CQI
Tool, completing the tool, taking a screenshot, and copying/pasting
the screenshot under the instructions in Part Two CQI Tool in
Adverse Event template (Links to an external
site.)Links to an external site..
Part Three: Future Prevention (Complete Part Three of the Adverse Event template )
After describing the event in Part One, using a Graph and CQI tool in Part Two, apply the PDCA model to summarize the process and steps that your team would recommend to the CEO to prevent this adverse event from reoccurring. Make sure to include who (health care personnel) would be accountable at each step of the process. Complete the Explanation column in Part 3 of the Adverse Event template.
It is important to keep in mind that some processes require a checks and balance system. You will need to determine if one of the steps you are recommending would require a checks and balance step and why it is necessary.
The Adverse Event template document one completed must be six to seven pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, and the application of new knowledge. Four sources need to be used
I have attached two sources you must use and you can use your own sources as well
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.